Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where's the smores

Just kidding - but living in a giant campfire, I sure wish it was under different circumstances.
The overwhelming smell in and out of the house makes me really wish
I was spending a weekend with the kids and a huge pile of smores. -
ugh but I would have to go to the store
because I gave the graham crackers to Care & Share
ate all the chocolate I could find
and I'm not sure what my little angels have done with marshmallows while they have been cooped up in the house for days on end.

As for Colorado Springs -


This man is in charge and he is AWESOME! 
15% containment today
 THank you!

They had a cattle drive through the fire zone to save 43 cows
some with burns, 2 babies born, all safe


Socks were donated for the firefighters,
Care & Share has been inundated by supplies to make their job a little easier

A community will be forever indebted to these men 
working 16 hour shifts
sleeping on the ground
Saving our city!


We heard from a dear older friend who we have been worried sick about!

(Chapel at the Air Force Academy during firestorm on Tues)

~ Threw the kids outside - my China kids thought they were back in China LOL! (i.e. smog/ bad air)
~ Learned that Cav has enough english to tell me "Momma I broke cast"
~ Realized he also has worn the knee out of the other cast
~ The city held a meeting for those with homes in the burn zone
~ Atleast one fatality was discovered
~ 1/3 to 1/2 of the evacuees have returned home
~ We all continue to watch the hills
~ We mourned for and with members of our community
~ We are becoming tired of tripping over the bags packed in the front hall
~ Thrilled the kids were eating carrots until I realized that the home behind us rescued horses from the Air Force Academy - they are so excited for tomorrow so they can ride them! 


We see and feel the prayers from all over!

(this is the only pic that is mine)



1 comment :

  1. Wow! Praying for you all. That Cav is amazing. God is going to use him in a mighty way!

    ReplyDelete