Monday, June 4, 2012

Recovery

These are my thoughts - documenting this journey - I am not even sure if they are worth posting but I want to keep them for when Cav is older. I finally got called back to the recovery and I was amazed, not only did I recognize my child svoice, but he was screaming mommy! Music to my ears. I was able to sit by his side and comfort him, to dry his tears. In the brightly lit room surrounded by strangers and equipment I was his oasis. He cried loudly, his little leg owied and then the words that stung the most. "put my leg back." Finally, more drugs and he is sleeping. I sit in the quiet of an almost empty PACU, I find the beeping monitors strangely calming. Probably from years of working in the NICU. Waiting for the morphin to wear off,but glad he is sleeping, no longer aware of the pain his body is experiencing. It saddens me to think that for the fortunate children who receive surgery while still in china, few have someone at their side. Although we are not people who like to be the center of attention, cav's adoption seems to affect others - ordinary people. Even here in a hospital where the hallways are filled with children of varying special needs, Cavand his story is touching people's souls. How many times have I repeated that we are just ordinary people. I do wonder the results of his story though. Is this the heart you were meant to change. How will your story play out, years down the road. And then it comes full circle to one family saying yes to one little boy. How many other children will God use . . . Today, this week, this year. How many other families will see past the disability to the path of faith they are meant to follow.

5 comments :

  1. Yvette......little Cav was surely sent to you guys for a very special reason! God knew that he was meant to be with your family and I am so blessed to know you and be able to share in Cav's amazing journey! It surely is amazing how these kids can touch so many lives with their special abilities! Cav is in our prayers as my kiddos have asked all day how he is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys! Thanks for sharing his story, God has a mighty plan for this little man!
    We love the Children's team, our sweet girl will be out there for appointments with them for 4 days in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the joy his first steps will bring! Praying they come quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanging there, when they first wake is very hard. One of my son's has had many surgeries. Right when he woke up was always the hardest. Make sure they don't let his pain control lapse. You'll both get thru this and he'll be running before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvette, how is he doing? I've been praying for him and Mama, too! Update us when you can but know your and Cav are lifted up!

    ReplyDelete