Monday, June 25, 2012

Prayers

Yesterday was tough and yet I feel like I can't even feel sorry for myself - safe in my home.

As I looked out upon the scenes below, I also found there was an earthquake by our sweet little baby.

One family, two "natural" disasters.
such feelings of helplessness.

Luckily, someone messaged me from our little guys region and they didn't even feel anything 
WOOSH - so relieved!!

NOW onto this one -

If you have followed our blog long, you know we live in beautiful Colorado and have the most incredible views of pikes PEak.

Unfortunately, this is our newest views.


winds are pushing the fire towards the Air Force Academy

Not sure if you can see the little dots up against those hills but all of those people have been evacuated.








My heartbreaks and I pray that this was not a purposeful act.

We are extremely blessed to live in a community where people sacrifice their lives to ensure our safety.

Folks, it is over 100 degrees out
The winds can be absolutely crazy
but 450+ firefighters are out digging trenches.
Brave men and women, flying planes 
risking their lives to save our community!

Please pray for their safety.


2 comments :

  1. I know what you mean, we live in CO as well and have had to keep all our windows closed because if the smoke and smell. And we aren't even close to the fire!

    ReplyDelete