Monday, July 30, 2012

Covenant

The past week are so has just been plain old bad medically.

We adopted Cav and Fei knowing they had medical needs.

I truly think we are in some form of spiritual warfare and I wonder if it's because we are close to getting LOA for the baby.

Poor Cav's surgical site is NASTY - as in blech, it's green and oozing, it smells terribly, and then last night we changed the dressing and there was this huge yellow gelatinous thing.  Of course my sweet husband looks to me for advice.  HELLO!  I was a NICU nurse - we didn't do this!  ICK!

But truthfully, we thank God every time we change the dressing that he can't feel the end of his leg yet.

Then Thursday I got a frantic call from our pediatrician.  She had FeiFei's MRI results and she was freaked.

Luckily, I was smart enough to ask for a copy of the report which I got Friday morning.  Also the one very nice thing about having a child with dwarfism is that the parent information group is AMAZING! I didn't even have to post as I found the information I needed under old postings as well as the file section.

The reason for or Pediatrician's freak out - Fei has a narrow Formen Magnum - um all people with Achondroplasia do - HELLO McFly!  Oh sorry did I say that in my outside voice!

There are still little bits of information that are concerning and may still require surgery but really - I had my bags packed Thursday night trying to figure out how I would do Cav's surgery next Monday and fly Fei for her surgery LOL!

Another really nice thing about the dwarfism community is that it truly is small.  i emailed a mom who we met at the Ronald McDonald house at AI Dupont years ago (both our kids are on their brochure!) Her daughter just had spinal surgery and she was a great source of information.  I emailed a copy of the MRI results to the ortho that did her surgery and we will see what he thinks.

Did I mention I am a bit of a freak.  I do choose to travel for our kids care.  I have worked in the hospital and not all Dr's and not all staff are created equal.  We do have the luxury to make this choice.  It may mean scrimping here and scrapping there but I flew Brahm to DuPont why would I let anyone else do an intensely critical surgery that I don't trust with all my heart.

NEXT please . . .

Oh yeah reviewing our latest insurance bill (they have truly been fabulous) I noticed a bill for Cav's prosthetist.  Hmmm, that kid meet his deductible in about FEBRUARY!  THen I realized the problem. His prosthetist is NOT in our network.  Are you kidding me?!?!  Um, ticked does not begin to express how I feel.  Did it occur to them to tell me when they checked our eligibility for Cav's prothesis.  So another email to our surgeon's nurse.  Luckily it was for $100 shrinkers and not a $5000 leg.

So why do I share this.  Because so many blog are about the rainbow and lollipops of adoption.  The glory days.  I thought that the spiritual warfare ended when we signed on the dotted line.  I do think some of this is really has do to with our current adoption.  But my children that were so incredibly based upon God are still his favorite targets.

In addition, if you have been reading recently we have been struggling with Feifei and her China Momma.  I now have my answer as to WHY he chose her to leave everything she knew, in probably one of the best situations an orphan could find themselves in.  In China, they would never have known about her spinal stenosis (tightening) this could have potentially been life threatening.

And then I remember what He has promised us ~

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
                                                                                                                                Genesis 9:13


Our backyard
2 rainbows, 2 treasures

3 comments :

  1. ohhhhh such eventful times! and I totally agree!! Satan wants you to give up and not bring precious Griffin home. But, ohhhh how thankful that our hope is in the Lord! And HE will supply our needs! LOVE the two rainbows in the sky!! HE is soooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post Yvette. Loved it. You know what? I thought that the spiritual warfare ended when we signed on the dotted line, too....we experienced intense warfare when we were at New Day picking up our boys...at times, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I love following you guys...can't wait to see all that the Lord has in store for you as the days progress. Oh, and the photo of the rainbow is breathtaking!
    Blessings from Bama!
    Nikki :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spiritual warfare is HARD! Oh how we relate right now.
    Praying for your little man's surgery site, ugh, not fun.
    We are heading back to Denver in a few weeks for Clara's arm, things are a bit up in the air as to when but I will let you know.
    Blessings,
    gayly

    ReplyDelete