Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Future Dreams & proverbs

I mentioned yesterday that I so feel like I am at the end of a pregnancy, jsut sitting waiting for labor to begin and this new baby to arrive.  It is absolutely the oddest experience, actually not being pregnant, without a date and looking over the edge of a cliff to the other side.

The other side will be neither better nor worse, jsut different but we are ready, ready to be a family filled with love for two incredibly special children who grew in all of our hearts.  Two amazing children who will get to experience their very firsts with our amazing older children, loving them along the way.

Yes I can hear the tires screeching 
That this will be not our reality.  
But for the next few weeks I have decided I will indulge myself in dreams.  

You know the dreams, the ones you had before your first was born, as you held him in your arms for the first time and that little 5 lb baby would one day become a famous football player, a God fearing man who would change the world, whatever you dreamed for your first child.

I think we dream these dreams for all of our children, but I find myself spending the past weeks and months dreaming, and planning for what our new children will be like.  They will show up with personalities, likes and dislikes.

So for the time being I will continue with my 
All roses and lollipops.
'cuz I am pretty sure things may go to hell in a handbasket soon after we come home LOL!

On another note ~

I so haven't been able to think over the past months of the adoption, I have gone back to jsut letting the Bible open and reading until I feel God speaking to me.  Recently, as in today, I came to the beginning of proverbs.  Somehow, I had forgotten that it was written by Solomon (we have been doing Kings for our Sunday bible study.)  He was so smart, he had the wisdom of God, but he sure made a lot of mistakes.  I found it so interesting that the purpose of Proverbs,

1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
 2 for gaining wisdom and instruction;
   for understanding words of insight;
3 for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
   doing what is right and just and fair;
4 for giving prudence to those who are simple,[a]
   knowledge and discretion to the young—
5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
   and let the discerning get guidance—
6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
   the sayings and riddles of the wise.[b
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
   but fools[c] despise wisdom and instruction.

8 Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
   and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
9 They are a garland to grace your head
   and a chain to adorn your neck.




No comments :

Post a Comment