Saturday, November 19, 2011

13 years ago today . . .

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

13 years ago today my greatest dream came true and I became a mother.

A tiny baby at just 5 lbs was born to us after a very difficult pregnacy.  The fact this tiny baby had survived and was "normal" was a miracle in it's own right. 

More importantly though, this sweet little baby made me a mom and us a family.  He solidified my place in the world more than any other occurance I can think of.

What a hefty responsibility was placed on his little shoulders. 

I think as with any first-born I look at all my failings with him.  So many things I once worried about, now no longer matter.  Somehow, God knew to send me the sweetest most forgiving young man as my first.

He is a nurturer


He is smart, athletic and funny



I love his friends and the person he is around them



He is accomplished, playing sports, acting, cello and trumpet.




This big boy still leans up to me and says "love you mom" atleast once a day.  I am so blessed to have him as my son, and so excited to see the man he becomes!

Happy 13th birthday Buggy, you are such a treasured part of our family (now if we can jsut get you to take a birthday pic!)


No comments :

Post a Comment