Monday, February 13, 2012

2 months!!

Wow, really two months our little ones have been a part of our family - INCREDIBLE!!

From this barf soaked child,
covered in bruises from being tied to his crib,
with an inability to share,
NO social skills,
an intense need to quickly grab EVERYTHING,
even at the expense of others.


TO THIS!!
I was treated to the most incredible treasure today. 
I dreaded having to wake him up from his nap, but I had to get princess from the bus.

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER -
I picked him up and he did NOT fight me!!

I am not talking about arguing, I am talking about full blown boxing match!
A primal response.

Today he woke, and actually responded to my soothing voice.
AND he was OK!!


From a frightened little girl who screamed such a terrifying scream, 
wearing 4 pairs of pants,
2 shirts and a jacket.
Sent with 2 huge bags of food and supplies jsut encase we wouldn't feed her.



TO a smiley little fashionista who LOVES clothes, 
has friends and melded almost seamlessly into our family. 


 I can NOT get over the difference in their appearance.  Cav's hair was like straw when we got him.  I jsut noticed yesterday he has the silkiest hair.  FeiFei's is filling in and getting thicker.  I am sure they are gaining weight, although Cav is still really thin.

Nevermind the impact that they have had on the people around us!


3 comments :

  1. I cannot believe it has been 2 months! I can't wait to see what happens in 4 more months and at 1 yr and 2 yrs! The Lord heals all these wounds and these children will never be the same! What an amazing gift they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear things are going so well! We have found peace in our home, too...most of the time. ;) It's amazing to see where 2 months can take you. I cannot imagine life without her now!

    ReplyDelete