Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Farewell - with admiration

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important." - Steve Jobs


Although I am an admitted i-fanatic, I also greatly admire this man for all he accomplished.  He looked at the normal stream of how things were done, and chose to see outside the box.  He faced adversity that would stop most people in their tracks and prospered.  Not only did he do amazing things with Apple, but he also brought life to Pixar and developed Toy story.  As with any human being he of course had his faults, but his legacy will last for a very long time.


Oh and  . . . he was adopted.

No comments :

Post a Comment