Tuesday, October 30, 2012

His Faith


I have menioned on here before we are not cradle to gravers - but we plan to fulfill the rest!  In fact we had been away from the church for over 20 years.  Then 7 years ago all of that changed.

Seven years ago, this boy of ours finally was baptized and we began to follow our journey that God laid out before us.  We are Lutheran - we don't believe in works based salvation.  We didn't adopt to be saved, we didn't adopt for any other reason than God placed these children on our hearts, asking who will go to my children.

We simply said we will.

As I have mentioned before, while we were in the process with Fei
 the number one question people asked us was
"What are you doing TO your bio kids."

Our journey was CONFIRMED this weekend.

When our oldest became a member of the Lutheran church through confirmation.

Below is a snippet of his FAITH statement
he wrote by himself.

"God has given us many blessings that we are unaware of. He gives us the sunny days and entertainment. He has given me my family, my adopted brothers and sister and my biological brother and sister as well. God has chosen us to protect and save these three little children. Even though our latest miracle story is still in China everyone in our family has opened their hearts to Griffen. I feel it is my duty to protect my brothers and sisters and the rest of my family. A phrase that God has presented me and my family with lately is “Man up and protect the fatherless.” Meaning let us take care of the orphans and the widows and let us run with perseverance this race so marked out for us, for non of us know what will happen until it does, which we can either learn and build off of the mistakes or let them hinder from our race for God."

Of course, I was shocked when I heard his statement for the first time.  I know I was not so strong at 13 and truthfully as I sit here, broken hearted over another day without my TA, Hurricane Sandy, and our agency in Delaware, I wonder if I am that strong NOW!   I read the last line and smile.  My crazy impatience has truly hindered from my race.



His gift was a poster I created using his verse Hebrews 12:1-2

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us runwith perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneerand perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.



4 comments :

  1. What an awesome and amazing kid!! LOVIN' his heart. What a great world changer he is (and already is) going to be!
    And love his poster!!!! Can you share how you "created" it/had it made?!?!!?
    Hang in...waiting for TA was probably the hardest part of our wait for me. You are so close you can taste it! KM at this time of year is beautiful!!!!!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what a blessing! And I love, love the poster. TA will be here before you know it. Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one Lutheran to another, blessings Tristan on your confirmation. Hold on to your faith statement and reread it each year on Reformation Day. Congratulations Yvette

    ReplyDelete