Monday, October 15, 2012

Got Armor!

My kids would answer the sky LOL!



Ok I have been remiss on updating where we are at as far as Griffen.

We are COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!!

I am shocked we are here already but I THINK we are waiting on TA.

I say I think because our agency doesn't track the Article 5 like other agencies.

AND we again got smacked with another holiday (if you followed us last year we were constantly getting stuck by holidays!)

So, we were cabled on 9/21 (this is when we got our PDF from USCIS)

So we had all of the week of the 24th for our A5 to be worked on.
THen everything was shut down the week of the Oct 1st for Autumn Moon Festival.
Of course the consulate was also closed for Columbus day on Monday, Oct 8.

SO, were our papers dropped off on 24th and picked up on the 12th.

Or worst case dropped off 10/9 and will be picked up on 10/23.  Who knows 

CLEAR AS MUD LOL!  Basically, we are planning on Thanksgiving in China,

Tristan - my oldest is coming with me.  I really prayed for clarity in this decision since both kids have definite positives.  Now that we made this decision, I am so at peace.

We will probably be flying directly to Kunming and not sightseeing.

We are starting to get everything together for our trip and daddy staying home with the kids LOL!

BUT

Satan has been working overtime in our house.  It started with Chris's car accident and jsut has been coming left and right.  I feel like my Armor of God is constantly being pelted BUT you know I sure am glad I have that armor on.

The hardest part is our big boy also seems to be under attack.  Another proud moment when I explained Satan and adoptions - he said "MOM, I'm still going to China regardless."  I had once seen Armor of God coins and so wish I had bought them.  PLEASE, if you know where to get them can you please let me know.

So please pray a hedge of protection around our family,
Pray for Griffen's heart ~ and that he melds seamlessly into our family,
Pray for our Visa's which we still don't have,
Specifically, pray for Cav, who seems to be sensing the stress and has gone backwards significantly.


The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

                                                                      Ephesians 6:10-18


2 comments :

  1. Praying!!!! Oh, you are getting so close. We had Thanksgiving in China last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers for your family! I brought my oldest son when we adopted last year (he was 17) and it was the BEST DECISION EVER!!!! the bonding between the boys was instant and I didn't worry that I was low man on the totem pole at all....I knew he'd come around! LOL.

    I can't wait to follow you to China and am so envious!! Love reading about your family and am amazed how awesome you all are.

    Liz
    (another mom to an achon)


    ReplyDelete