Sunday, August 19, 2012

Starlight - March for Miracles

After my post yesterday

THe more I look at this picture, the more I love it -
it was a throw away and then I  did some editing and
I  noticed FeiFei looking through the window on the back side!

We woke up bright and early this morning, and have spent the last few hours seeing the fabulous in people.


I have no idea on the numbers but there had to be several hundred runners who came out to help raise funds for Starlight - raise funds for OUR kids so they all get to experience some pretty amazing things.


Starlight does not just celebrate our kids with special needs but also their siblings - always recognizing the sacrifice our amazing older kids go through whether financial, time or dealing with the stupid comments I mentioned yesterday.


THey had fun activities while we waited.
They had food which I have no idea how a 13 year old could eat that much and then run 5 k LOL!
But best of all (since daddy works Sat) were Cadets from the Air Force Academy who ran with children in wheelchairs and most importantly some of our kids!

Tristan and Morgan insisted on doing the 5K (this old out of shape momma knew pushing 3 kids that far was a no go!)

So we found a Cadet to run with Morgan in her first 5K (I was worried she would get lost)

The littles and I did the 1 mile fun run/walk


I do tear up when I think that most likely next year Cav too will be running!

Brahm had his balance bike since he was having some leg pain from his first days of all day school.


Cheering on Tristan - He did awesome!

And Morgan running with her Cadet

Awesome runners - I am so proud of!


The coolest thing of all is the Littles got these medals ~ Athletes donate their race metals for SN kids!!

Ni Hao Yall


1 comment :