Friday, July 29, 2011

Saying Goodbye

It has been a rough week and yesterday was the memorial service for Laurel and her girls. I am so glad I went. One gift Laurel gave our family was another fmaily jsut like us - 3 kids, adopting 2, and the kids go to school with my kiddos. Anyhow, we went to the memorial service together. We oohed and aahed over the pictures of the girls, the gorgeous paper laterns and umbrellas.

I think 8 people spoke about Laurel and the girls, sharing their antics, their lives and the everlasting impact they have had on this world.

However, the most important was the symbolism of rainbows. THey had 3 pictures the girls had drawn, all of rainbows. Half the sky's new program is the Rainbow program, and little Zoey - well she was an orange loving little girl. I jsut smiled because this is what we saw the evening before!!





When we got home my dear friend found her I800-A approval in the mail. We are all sure that Laurel is still with us every step of the way!

No comments :

Post a Comment