Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In awe of my son!

If you have been reading this blog then you'll remember my post here.

Well, I was mistaken in the fact that they were cutting kids at all.  Instead every Tues morning they post a list of the 25 kids that will play the following Weds game.  I originally thought perfect, all 50 boys will get playtime, as well as keeping their confidence and learning the love the game.

You guessed it - this sweet guy


DID NOT MAKE IT!  Not last week and NOT this week!

I was so upset for him.  I know for a fact that some of the other mom's have emailed the coaches and now their kids are playing.  SOOO. . . you guessed it, this mom was all ready to email the coaches.  Let them know how distructive I thought these games of rejection were to a child's psychie blah, blah, blah.

THEN this amazing young man -


taught this old momma a few lessons.

He said "Mom, I don't want a position cuz I complained, I want a position that I earned!"

"I'll ask the coaches at our next practice to see what I need to work on."

When I reminded him of a "friend" from preschool who would harass him tomorrow for not playing and that he didn't need to go to the game.  

He looked in me in the eye and said, "Mom, I am going to cheer on my school, I can handle him, he is all talk."

Alright then, my heart went from breaking for him, to so absolutely impressed with 12 year old.

And for his true friends - they were all really surprised that he didn't make the team last week and even more so this week.

Pretty amazing group of kids and I am so absolutely thrilled I get to stand to the side and watch these amazing boys become men!

No comments :

Post a Comment